Landowner Mens Wax Walking Jacket - Olive Camo
Availability: In stock
Brand: John Partridge & Co
- The King of all wax walking jackets, the John Partridge Landowner is versatile, durable and above all stylish. This flattering wax jacket looks as good on women, as it does men.
- The perfect walking jacket, the Landowner features 2 practical front pockets and a button down fastening for extra added protection. Whether your a country bumpkin or a sleek city dweller this classic jacket is the perfect addition to your winter wardrobe.
- Made from pure cotton, and then dyed and waxed in a mill in Dundee, Scotland.
- The mill is called Baltic Mill, and is owned by Halley Stevenson’s who have been making waxed cotton there since 1864.
- Waxed cotton is a living fabric- each roll is different to the last. It needs loving care and attention, or it can look a bit like a dog’s blanket.
- Halley`s care and so do we. We have been making coats for a long time, here in Staffordshire, England.
- Like a fine wine we keep turning the fabric rolls until we need them, to make sure the wax is evenly distributed through the fabric.
- Then the Landowner is cut, by hand, from the rolls, each piece coming from a single roll. Rather like a good wine it is best not to mix the rolls or the vintage will be spoiled.
- Each piece is then sewn, by specialist tailors, until a coat like appearance is seen.
- We then add the lining, made from pure cotton which has been `chintzed`, from the original Chinese method of adding a coating to the cotton to create a weather proof finish. This chintzed side is always facing the outer fabric to keep the wax away from the wearer.
- Then brass studs and zips are added- our studs come from Japan, because they are the best, and cotton corduroy added to make sure you only get a soft feel against your skin.
- What you now have is one of Britain’s finest garments, handmade, each with its own personality. Waiting for you to wear it and create a unique fit, perfect only for you. Lovely.
LANDOWNER SIZING CHART
|Actual Garment Chest (on the Flat 2,5cms below Armhole)||40"||42"||44"||46"||48"||51"||55"||59"|
|Overarm neck point to cuff edge||31"||31.5"||32"||32"||32.5"||33"||34"||34.5|
|Centre Back length||29"||30"||30"||30.5"||31"||31"||31.5"||32"|